Tensorflow 2.0 or Pytorch course

Anything related to deep learning, machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence. Course topic requests can go here.
jvsir

Tensorflow 2.0 or Pytorch course

Post by jvsir » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:45 am

I just got the tensorflow 2.0 course because I thought it was the latest. Then randomly I stumbled upon your pytorch course that seems to say pytourch is what will be the major thing going forward and used by most of the big companies FB, Apple, etc.

Since I am right at the beginning of the tensorflwo 2.0 course and the start of my DL workand would like to work at FB or Apple in these fields would it make sense to swtich to the PyTourch course since they seem to have heavy overlap in the content and I probably wouldn't want to take both of them?

lazyprogrammer
Site Admin

Re: Tensorflow 2.0 or Pytorch course

Post by lazyprogrammer » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:21 am

Thanks for your inquiry.

Ultimately, it's impossible to predict the future, both in terms of which library will come out on top and what job you personally will apply for.

My opinion is that one should know both.

In fact, there are even more libraries to consider. Google released a new Python library called JAX which is picking up steam. The Julia language has also been quite popular amongst data scientists.

The merits of both libraries have been listed in my posts, which one can use to guide their decision. Researchers seem to prefer PyTorch, whereas Tensorflow seems to be geared toward productionization.

Return to “General Discussion”